BJM Pumps® announces the release of the new XP-SKX submersible pumps designed and engineered for superior corrosion resistance, solids handling and reliability. Designed to handle the toughest applications, the XP-SKX Series are now offered with an explosion-proof motor for installation in Class I, Division 1, Group C & D hazardous locations. These FM approved (C/US) pumps offer the following features:
Top Pump & Motor Features
- Shredding Technology – BJM Pumps XP-SKX solids handling pumps feature a shredder type impeller and suction cover design that utilizes a Tungsten Carbide cutting tip on the impeller and specially designed spiral suction cover able to shred solids and prevent clogging.
- Double Mechanical Seal assembly using SC vs. SC hardened lower seal faces with a protective lip seal to offer excellent reliability.
- 316 SS pump parts and FKM elastomers provide superior corrosion resistance.
- Pump Seal Minder® System and motor automatic thermal switches offer XP motor protection.
- Heavy duty and corrosion resistant SOOW power cable and sensor cables are standard.
- Two-part epoxy coated cast iron motor housing offers corrosion resistance and heat dissipation for long motor life.
The XP motors are FM approved under both Canada and USA regulations and are suitable for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D hazardous locations. These motors are air-filled and use NEMA class F winding insulation.
XP-SKX pumps have been used successfully in wastewater, chemical, industrial, underground drilling and most any general sump dewatering application where a corrosion resistant, solids handling, explosion proof submersible pump is needed.